Technical Expert (Software Development) – London
A Technical Expert is a recognised specialist in a specific domain of software development, in addition to their generalist skill set that allows them to quickly ramp up on any project. This individual typically possesses the following skills and traits:
- Has shared their technical specialty publicly via articles and blog posts, books, and/or speaking engagements.
- Has provided mentorship and demonstrated expertise through leadership roles.
- Strong communication skills.
expectations of a technical expert
In this role, expectations include:
- Advise project leaders on technical approaches to problems, while mentoring Lead Crafters in their area of expertise.
- Speak and write in their area of expertise, and contribute to related open-source projects.
- Participate in highly technical sales calls and identify new business opportunities.
about 8th light
We hold each other to the highest standards; and when we join a project, clients know what they’re getting with 8th Light. It’s not just our excellent team of dedicated professionals that sets us apart, but also our approach to delivering software and our roles as technical consultants.
We enjoy working with people who are empathetic, who are passionate about teaching and learning, and who value the work they do. If this approach to software development resonates with you, we’d love to talk.
8th Light is an equal opportunity employer.